jueves, 12 de mayo de 2016

WRITINGS

MY LAST SUMMER
Hi, I'm Cèlia and today I'm going to talk about my last summer. First I'm going to talk about my trip to France and Monaco, then I'm going to talk about the two weeks I stayed in England, and finally, about my days out in France.

Well, the day after finishing school, I went to France for some days with my parents. We travelled there by car. We stayed in France for the first days and there we visited Cannes and St. Tropez. The last day we went to Monaco. There, we visited the city and also the Prince's Palace of Monaco.

Two weeks after that I went to England with a friend. Every day we had classes in the morning and activities in the afternoon, except on the weekend. The first Sunday we visited Brighton, and the second one, London. In London we visited the Big Ben, the London Eye, the Houses of Parliament and we also went shopping. The day before leaving we went to a theme park in London, called Thorpe Park.

In August I stayed in Banyoles and relaxed. I also finished all my homework.

Three days before starting school I went to a camping in France with my parents and some friends. We visited some towns around the camping, but we spent most of the time in the swimming pool.
_________________________________________________________________________________

What makes a good friend?
A good friend is supportive when you feel down and is responsible and serious when you need them to be, but just a little bit crazy when you need that too. A good friend is truthful enough to tell you you’ve got chocolate around your mouth when everyone else keeps quiet! And he or she is also dedicated to your friendship.


A time when I made a new friend
I met my friend Lucía this summer in England. We went to the same class and we were the only Spanish in the group. We started to talk and we soon became good friends.

_________________________________________________________________________________

A FREE TIME ACTIVITY

Day 1:
I've just taken up french lessons with some friends and we go there once a week. I spent the first day learning some new vocabulary like the numbers and the colours. They also taught us how to greet and say goodbye.

Day 2:
The second session was as funny as the first one, but we didn't learn a lot. The teacher just explained us the sound of the vowels in one hour. Although it was not an interesting class, we had fun trying to pronounce well.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN ANNOUNCEMENT

Announcement 1
Who wants to learn to play tennis? We are holding training sessions for new members from 8 to 12 years old on Wednesday and Friday afternoons. Meet in the tennis club at 5 p.m.
Announcement 2
We’re excited to announce that the club is organizing a tournament for young members next Saturday at 10 a.m. The idea is to have fun and get to know each other more.
Announcement 3
All members are invited to come at the next dinner the club is organizing next Sunday. We’ll meet some famous tennis players and we’ll have lots of fun. We’ll meet at 9 p.m. in the restaurant in front of the tennis club.
Announcement 4
We’re pleased to announce that we have found a new way for members to keep in touch with us. We have created a new website that is easier and faster to use. You just have to send us a message and we’ll receive it immediately. Don’t forget to start following us.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN INFORMAL LETTER
Hi,
How are you? What have you been doing since we last met? This summer I’ve gone to England.
First of all I was not sure I wanted to go there, but I decided to go because I wanted to improve my English and make new friends. Well, I’m happy about my decision, because I really liked the experience and I had a great time.
Has that ever happened to you? I mean, you have an opinion about something, but then you do it and your mind changes?
Anyway, I’ve got to go now or I’ll be late for school.
See you soon,
Asdfg

_________________________________________________________________________________

A FORMAL LETTER
21 Agatha Road
Warwick
CV5 2XS
267 Dean Street
London
W1D 5RS
Wednesday 10th Desember
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to complain about a pair of shoes which I recently purchased online.

In your website you said that the shoes were in good conditions, but when I opened the box, I saw that the soles of the shoes were worn. Also, I had ordered a pair of blue shoes, but the ones in the box were green.

Secondly, the order arrived three weeks late, so I had to speak to the company twice before I was given the box.

As a result, this product is not really like you advertised, and with this letter I would appreciate a full refund.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours faithfully,

Asdfg

_________________________________________________________________________________






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario